Friday, April 29, 2011

Diary Entry 72: Saigon, Friday Night, 1 October 1965

                                                                                                  Saigon
                                                                                                  Friday Night, 1 October 1965


This has certainly been a busy week.  We have about 60 ships in port now and another 100 due this month.  All that cargo has got to be moved and I worry about it.  Well, I’ll just have to do my best during the day and pray at night.  Wonder why I don’t have any gray hair!

Tomorrow we are having a big meeting with the Army guys [1st Logistical Command] to try to get them moving on some important things.  Sure hope they take hold and get cracking.  Am sure that my needling them is quite irritating, but don’t intend to stop until they take charge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment