Thursday, June 2, 2011

Diary Entry 102: Saigon, Friday Night, 17 December 1965

                                                                         Saigon
                                                                         Friday Night, 17 December 1965


This has been kind of an easy day for me. All I had to do was scrounge up some helicopters and airplanes for some Visiting VIPs from the States and work over a few messages we want to send back to Washington. One of the better days I’ve had to spend here. Tonight I even got off from work at 6:30 p.m. which is a decent hour. Had my supper in the room as the VC are on a stepped-up terror campaign against US personnel. They tossed another grenade today in a US compound near MACV I headquarters. These are good times to stay off the streets.

MACV I Headquarters, 137 Rue Pasteur, Saigon, South Vietnam, 1965.  (Photo courtesy U.S. Army)

No comments:

Post a Comment